Saturday 22 February 2014

The Project to Follow

Recently, I’ve been interested in Myer’s-Brigg’s Typology Indicators. For those who are unfamiliar with this, it is essentially a psychometric system which produces sixteen separate personality types based on four scales: Introvert/Extrovert, Sensing/Intuition, Feeling/Thinking, Judging/Perceiving. Though I do not view the theory as being objectively true, I think that it is a useful and interesting tool for examining character.
So, I have been thinking about various TV shows and Games, categorising their characters in charts below. My aim over the next few weeks is to write a single blog for each personality type, explaining some of its core features and explaining why I have placed each character in that role. I will be covering six sets of characters: Supernatural, Game of Thrones, Mass Effect, Once Upon a Time, Cloud Atlas and Dragon Age.
Here are the charts:






I’ll begin with “The Crafter” and I hope to post within the next week or so!

No comments:

Post a Comment