Friday 14 October 2011

Il Mio Manifesto

This entry is the first of this site and thus, it shall conform with what is sensible and talk a little bit about what I aim to do here, with my little corner of the internet. Simply, I have decided to make this blog, which I have decided to name Counting Reflections (for reasons we shall soon see), to be used as a platform where I might present my thoughts and views on, as I mentioned at the top of this page, philosophy, literature and life in general. Some of the things I post here will be immensely detailed and well thought out concepts and ideas. Other things will be incredibly simple ideas that I just throw on here for the sake of experimenting with ideas.
 
My reasoning for naming my blog Counting Reflections is that the name fits my ideal. Here, I shall place my reflections of those topics close to my heart or simply those I feel should get a mention.

Mainly, this blog will be about philosophy and literature, two arts that, although distinct, can be woven so closely together. My reasons for starting a blog about these subjects in particular are many, though boil down to the fact that both of these disciplines entrap me and give my life some degree of purpose in the way that I devour knowledge from both these schools so readily.

If anyone feels like commenting on any of the posts that I put up here, they are more than welcome to do so and I will take delight in responding to them. Discussion of ideas is something that I see as being integral to life and therefore, I will talk to people and discuss with them if they wish for me to do so. I will defend my own views to any criticisms, but not in such a way that I refuse to listen to other people. Perhaps I will find my views changed, and this will be something I relish in, for it will be a form of enlightenment. However, I will not be tolerant of internet trolls and people who decide to be vindictive or disrespectful towards me.

I make no promises as to how often I will contribute things here, but I am certain that I will not ever run out of things to say. We live in an ever-changing culture and a consistently adapting world that already has a rich history, therefore there is never nothing worth talking about.

To end this first post, I will include a quote from one of my favourite authors, Oscar Wilde, which is:

"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." - Oscar Wilde
This is my first post, thus begins this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment